The Unsaid Words

Heard melodies are sweet, those unheard are sweeter; - Keats

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

Love movies, Love Books and Love eating Out!! And yes my family. And what more can I say..

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A Poem

Love feeds on Alcohol, I did not know.

It is yet another night
and we are where we usually are at this time.
The bar is dark,
smoke fills the empty spaces between our bodies.
Bored eyes, vacant stares.

We order Some gin and tonic,
You look at me across the table and smile.
Your friend says something and all of us laugh.
You light up a cigarette and hold my hand.
Dazed eyes, Vacant stares.

We order some more gin and tonic
I get up from the table and groove to the music
The DJ starts a romantic number,
you hold my hand and sing along.
Bleary eyes, Vacant stares.

We order some more gin and tonic.
I laugh often, I laugh loud.
And you kiss me and ask,
"Darling, did you have a nice time?"
Glazed eyes, vacant stares.

Love feeds on Alcohol, I did not know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home