The Unsaid Words

Heard melodies are sweet, those unheard are sweeter; - Keats

Name:
Location: Hyderabad, India

Love movies, Love Books and Love eating Out!! And yes my family. And what more can I say..

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

A Smoky Lounge

It is Friday night.
You come home, loosen your tie 
and kick your shoes off. 
Another day gone, another week over. 
We look at each other, a half smile and a long sigh.
Not bad or is it? 

We lie down on the bed. 
You ruffle my hair, and say "let’s go out". 
"Sure", I smile back at you. 
And then we are there, 
at a smoky lounge.
It helps you unwind, it keeps me amused. 
A fair bargain or is it? 

You say your hellos, 
and I wear my most appropriate smile. 
You nurse your drink, relax and fit right in. 
I light up my cigarette and blow smoke rings.
Friends, music and drinks 
you forget the humdrum reality. 
I  look around and think.

You say I analyze too much, 
I think you analyze not at all. 
Well it is a good balance or is it?

7 Comments:

Blogger buckwaasur said...

lol...good one there...very smooth and conversational...:-)

11:22 AM  
Blogger El enigma said...

"You think I analyze too much,
I think you analyze not at all.
Well it is a good balance or is it?...."

lol, a perpetual problem between partners ;) I've started to wonder too if it's a good balance or an absence of balance altogether....

enig!

11:38 AM  
Blogger thoughtraker said...

i loved both ur poems - the casual style is really cool!

9:15 PM  
Blogger asuph said...

silo,

I know ther comparison is not fair, but it's inevitable, once you link them! I liked the first one a lot more.

You think I analyze too much,
I think you analyze not at all.
Well it is a good balance or is it?


That was sublime. But rest of the poem seemed to me like an excuse to say these very lines. I think you can do a lot better.

asuph.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Silent Melody said...

Anantha characters in my poem are not me!!There is the real life and than there is poetry.

Iblu my friend, that is the whole point ;-). and hmm..err.. thanks for so many comments :-)

Buck and SSM thanks for the nice remarks. We know we can always couut on you both for these. :-)

Enig, thanks for dropping by. You said it. That's why the "is it" in the last line.

Ano thanks..Coming from you it is BIG complement. I love your poems.

Asuph thanks a lot for the feedback. At least you have some "faith" in my poetic abilities. "Reporting" abilities aur "character" mein nahin hua to kya hua. :-).

Just kidding. On a serious note, I actually wanted to make two points. One is what you said. And then there is one more. What you said has an element of truth in it. I badly wanted to write something and it might have come out a lil strained.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Silent Melody said...

ROTFL IW!!

Why do you suspiciously sound like my mom and MIL? Now I am much more convinced about the mamu/mausi thing :-).

"sit down together & make plans to have a baby" hmm..er...well sure.And we will name the baby after you..LOL

PS: And on a serious note pls refer to my comment on Anantha's comment.

1:58 AM  
Blogger El enigma said...

"... and enig, my very serious, very earnest opinion - that asymmetry is extremely healthy. i'm not kidding (see, no smiley even !)"

thanx SSM.....wud keep ur words in mind while making 'important' decisions of my life :)

sorry SM....just came to check some interesting comments :p:p

enig!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home